Monday, August 23, 2010

The Vagabond


A vagabond or "drifter" is an itinerant person. A vagabond is characterized by almost continuous traveling, lacking a fixed home, temporary abode, or permanent residence. Vagabonds are not bums, as bums are not known for traveling, preferring to stay in one location.

The Vagabond's real name is Moises Liberato. He's a 19 year old upcoming rapper from the Washington Heights region of Manhattan. He is well recognized due to his appearance. Tattoos, Gauges, Piercings, & sense Of style. He has populated a decent level of "Buzz" amongst the Facebook Networking Site and even has a steady fanbase. We here, at The Backpack Boys got to sit down and interview him.

BPB: So The Vagabond is very unique name. how did that name develop?

VGB: I got the name from the show "Samurai Champloo" that aired on adult swim, the character Mugen was so arrogant and laid back, confident and never cared what people thought of him, my friend brought it up, I tagged it on my display name and it just stuck. I love the name

BPB: Your musical origins, where do they spawn from as well as influences?

VGB: Honestly I'm always just trying to be the best that I can be, of course I pick up my influences from artists, such as Lupe, Kanye, Cudi, and Jay, but at the end of the day it's still my flow and my lyrics that I just try to push to it's perfection.

BPB: At what age did you find yourself wanting to do this music industry thing?

VGB: I picked up fruity loops: the beat making program; during my senior year at 17, and I wrote to my beats, figured I could rap, started a group, broke that up, and figured I was better than I thought, my focus grew once I graduated highschool, it's the only thing i love.

BPB: Your appearance isn't that of what you say a "rapper" would be described as? The piercings, tats, and your style?

VGB: Nah my style is just me, the piercings come and go, the tattoos are just a representation of my art. I am defined by my music, not my appearance. I just do what I like.

BPB: What can we expect from you? projects, shows, events, etc?

VGB: Still working on releasing a mixtape by the end of this year or beginning of next. Im still in the perfecting process.

BPB: Anything else you have in the works? Such as crews, promoteams, art?

VGB: Yeah of course shoutouts to my street team BKS, if anything most likely turn that bitch to a record label, plan on writing for a few singers, innovate and just do it different, help reach out to camera men and upcoming clothing labels that are down to represent me and vice versa.

You Can Find Him On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/thevagabondmusic

Eff The Money: http://limelinx.com/files/0c19f6762699d30b44a6666198c8757d

No comments:

Post a Comment