Sunday, August 29, 2010

A great InVESTment


So, I wake up this morning, to realize that I had to be at a formal occasion in the next two hours. Problem is, my suits are at the cleaners, and all I'm stuck with are assorted button ups, a few khaki pants and a vest. Now I hate going to social events and not looking sharp, so I decide to start with my go-to item, the vest. To be politically correct, I'm actually wearing a waistcoat, a vest that sits at the waist. The waistcoat's origins are actuallly well known, in 1666, King Charles II of England, Scotland and Ireland introduced the waistcoat as a part of correct dress during the Restoration of the British monarchy. It was derived from the Persian vests seen by English visitors to the court of Shah Abbas. As time passed, the waistcoat became a very fashionable item, and for the most part it has held that status throughout history.


Back on to my problem, or rather its solution, I wear a blue and yellow plaid shirt, with my Dockers pants, Blue Sperry Topsiders, a blue G-Shock DW-6900 and a vest. Problem solved!..........(Matt Farmer)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks man, yo I gotta say, I was really impressed wit ur blog, its mad official, I can tell u put a lot of work into it, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete