Monday, August 23, 2010

Lifetime of Memories


Have you heard of L.L.Bean? U know...the clothing company? Well, Its one of my favorite brands, why? Well, where do I start....theres the quality, the legendary comfort and durability of their products, and of course, their lifetime warranty. What clothing brand do you know of with a lifetime warranty? I had a pair of L.L.Bean boots for years, until I grew out of them, so I can personally stand by them. I mentioned in an earlier post that I am looking for some winter boots....well I can look no further.
So, what exactly does L.L.Bean stand for? Its actually the name of the companies founder Leon Leonwood Bean (His parents must've loved the name Leon) L.L.Bean was founded in 1912 by avid hunter and fisherman Mr. Bean in Greenwood, Maine, where he had developed a waterproof boot that he sold to hunters. In that same year, he was selling the "Bean Boot", or Maine Hunting Shoe, through a four-page mail-order catalog, and the boot today remains a staple of the company's outdoor image. Ironically, defects in the initial design led to 90% of the original production run being returned: Bean made good on his money-back guarantee, corrected the design, and continued selling them. Thus, L.L.Beans legendary reputation for customer service and loyalty to quality was born. Today, L.L.Bean shares a level of customer loyalty matched only by brand name giants such as Apple or Starbucks.
But, back to the task at hand..... Decisions, decisions
I could go with the L.L.Bean Rubber Moc, a sort of Boat shoe on steroids....

















Or the legendary Bean Boot, the the tried and true classic

















Or the Gumshoe, sort of in between the two

















All of them come with a lifetime warranty, and since my foot doesn't really grow anymore, whichever one I chose could be with me for a while. (Matt Farmer)

1 comment: