Sunday, July 4, 2010

" Urban Prom"




Graduation!!!! The culmination of all fifteen years of hard, dedicated, educational, and essential work. Most of the multitude have made it to this point in life. How do I feel? the words are unexplainable. I'm currently writing this blog next to someone of importance. She might hate me for writing this but she'll live. What better way to get ready for Graduation then have a celebration that America commonly knows as "prom". Now jeans during a prom would be stereotypically tacky. Sneakers??? Well the daring make them somewhat acceptable. I decided to go to prom in traditional slacks, vest, oxfords, bow-tie, dress shirt, blazer and a shitload of cologne. After prom my "Gang" and I took an overly packed stretch Chrysler 300C to Manhattan; which so happens to be my hometown. I decided to pull out the secret weapon. Get your heads out of the gutter my readers. What I am trying to convey is my second outfit!!! It consisted of my Normal upper-body prom attire but with some added jeans and a pair of Supra Skytops....Black of course. Enjoy...(Christopher Colas) .......While you enjoy Chris' after prom semi formal attire to the right, take a look at my simple but elegant prom dress! (Made by me and my mom) It started off as two pieces: a corset and a long grandma dress! ;) We just added sequin to the corset ( all hand sewn) and sequins at the bottom of the skirt....annnnnd WAAAHLAHHHH my dress was complete!! I was going for a short comfortable dress. I'm quite short, standing at 5Feet, sooo I didn't think a "wondrous" gown would look that wonderful on me. Some might say its a "classy rocker/punk" look but its just a short ballerina type dress with shiny parts. :) I loved it, and I was comfy. The shoes on the other hand...nooooot too comfy. (Hand painted the purple on the shoe) _Signed, Your Backpack Girl Diamond :)

No comments:

Post a Comment