Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Boat Shoe Alternatives

I'm Baaaaack!
My vacation on a cruise ship gave me plenty of time to break in my new boat shoes, and it opened my eyes to other forms of summer footwear, specifically.....
Boat shoe alternatives
Personally, I prefer not to take sides, but
let's face it. Some people are casual. They are more comfortable in a t-shirt than a button up. They avoid "dressing up" at all times, and by any means possible. Past fashions just doesn't cut it for them. They want modern, urban fashion. These are the kind of people that companies such as Nike aim for when they create certain footwear. Now we all know Nike as the producer of the Dunk, Blazer and the Air-force 1, all (arguably) modern, urban sneakers. But what happens when Nike decides to design their take on a boat shoe?
A Nike boat shoe!?! (Laughter)
Yeah... that was my first response.
Some may know of Nike's past forays into boat shoe territory, first with the little known Mad Jibe,












then the Braatas.
















Both attractive offerings but....do you truly want them?
To me they just don't have the formula right, where's the magic?
I thought that maybe when it comes to boat shoes, maybe Nike should stick to what it knows.....
Until I was shown these,













Yeah....
I had to eat my words!
I give you the Nike SB Stefan Janoski!

Here's Leon, a very casual person(No joke this guy seems to hate dressing up!!), with his Pacific Blue Stefan Janoski's

He matched it with a black vintage cardigan vest and an Armani Exchange(AX) tee to complete this look.

To be fair, this isn't an endorsement of Nike, I am just impressed that they took the idea of a boat shoe and made it their own, unlike other companies such as Converse and Timberland that simply make boat shoes and put their logo on it. Nike dared to be different, an idea that all Back Pack Boys believe in. Enjoy.... (Matt Farmer)

No comments:

Post a Comment