Friday, October 1, 2010

Live from Sao Paulo


I enjoy different kinds of music, I'll listen to almost any catchy song. (as long as its not made by Soulja Boy) When I first heard CSS, I was instantly enamored. From the excellent guitar intro's to the folk-like lyrics, CSS is a very unique group. It is instantly apparent that music is their passion, money to them is a secondary goal. CSS is Portugese for Cansei De Ser Sexy, literally "I'm tired of being sexy." The name comes from a Beyonce interview in which she says the quote. The band was formed in 2003 in Brazil. Whats interesting is that you have probably heard many of their songs on commercials and video-games and just never realized who it was. My favorite song from CSS is "Rat is Dead," a very energetic and enjoyable song with great background guitars.
Try out both of their albums, Cansei De Ser Sexy and Donkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment