Saturday, September 18, 2010

THIS is rap!

I was having a conversation today with my co-workers on who was the greatest rapper ever. One of them kept using earnings figures and album sales as criteria. I dont believe that, sales mean nothing. Heres an example, this is Curren$y's new album, Pilot Talk, it may not be at the top of the sales charts, but this album does not disappoint.
My favorite song off the album is "The Day" with Mos Def and Jay Electronica.

It just reminds me of Miami for some reason, I don't know why. It just feels like the song you play at night while driving.
Another great song is J Cole's "Just Begun (Reflection Eternal)" with Jay Electronica and Mos Def (again!, Jay Elect and Mos are becoming a dynamic duo) there are a couple other artists, but I'm not 100% sure because the internet is saying multiple things, but ill assume Talib Kweli was in it, because it sounds like him. Just listen!, this is what I mean by today's post title, this is rap!

2 comments: