Saturday, February 12, 2011

10 to Watch 2011

Its been a while!
I took some time to get things in order, as I adjust to a new city.
Im in Boston Baby!!! BU class of 2014.
Ill do a post on this beautiful city come springtime, Im not the best photographer when its cold, I leave suffering for a craft to professionals.
Enough about me though, lets get to what you really wanna see. Im bringing you the scoop on the artists putting out albums this year. Its shaping up to be a great year in music.






















1.Big Sean-Finally Famous
I'll be honest, I dont think his album will sell, unlike Drake before he put out an album, Big Sean is still not nearly as well known. It's gunna be an uphill battle for him, but If you have listened to his mixtapes, you realize, hes got the talent, so its only a matter of time. Look for Finally Famous this spring





























2. Common-The Dreamer The Believer
Last time we heard from Common, it was 2008. Universal Mind Control brought a new sound, albeit one that some complained was too different from the Common we all knew. While I personally liked the album, It was not exactly a commercial success. Hopefully his upcoming album will atone for the last one. Look for The Believer this spring.
























3. Curren$y-Muscle Car Chronicles, Covert Coup
Few people work as hard as Curren$y does. 4 albums in 2 years!. You can argue quality over quantity, but I've never found his music lacking.

















4. Drake-Take Care
Drizzy Drake is on FIRE! He really hasn't left the spotlight since So Far Gone in 2007, and he shows no sign of stopping. He's without a doubt talented, but time will tell if he has the staying power to truly become a rap icon. Look for Take Care in the summer.

















5.Kanye and Jay-Z- Watch the Throne
I am eagerly anticipating this album. I'm skeptical as well though, personally, I didn't really care for H.A.M. I listen to Kanye because he always does something unique, H.A.M didn't sound all that different. My question is, will Jay-Z help or hurt this album? Watch for Watch the Throne summer 2011



















6.Timbaland-Shock Value III
I loved the first 2 Shock Values, there was something for everyone. Lets see what musical concoction he cooks up next. The release date is some time in 2011





















7. Dr Dre-Detox
WTF! IT TOOK YOU LONG ENOUGH! literally 8 years since its announcement, I can say with 90% certainty that the album will be out this year. It better be good.




















8. RIck Ross-God Forgives, I Don't
I've gained some respect for Rick Ross after he put out Teflon Don. Lets see if he can keep the momentum. I wont forgive him if its not good.

















9.Lykke Li-Wounded Rhymes
I'm interested to see what Lykke Li comes up with. Final release date March 2, 2011

































10. Fabolous-Loso's Way 2
If you listened to his last mixtape, you'll agree with me that Fab is way under rated. He is an effortless lyricist, he's even humorous at times. I'm excited to hear this album. The release date is March 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment